Please note: Prior instructional experience is required for this flight. If in doubt, please CONTACT US for more information.
Have you had a taste of “hands-on” aerobatics and want more? If you’ve completed one of AAA’s U-Fly! Aerobatics Experiences or similar experience elsewhere, you have the skills to try your hand at flying the Pitts Special – the world’s most awarded aerobatic aircraft!
Use your previous aerobatic training to fly loops, rolls and more in the Academy’s Pitts Special S-2A biplane. Originally designed and built as a single seat aircraft, the Pitts Special has won more aerobatic competitions than any other aeroplane and YOU can fly this two-seat training version under the guidance and safety of one of our highly-trained and experienced competition aerobatics instructors.
After a pre-flight safety briefing your instructor will perform the taxi and take-off. After take-off your instructor will hand over and you will fly the aircraft to the aerobatic area refreshing your level flight, turning, climbing and descending skills. Your instructor will then direct you through aileron rolls, loops and the “Cuban eight” before taking over and showing you the true aerobatic magic of the Pitts Special with spins, snap rolls and advanced aerobatic routines before returning for a landing. It’s an experience you won’t forget!
The AAA UFLY PLUS Aerobatic Experience includes:
- 15 minute pre-flight safety and orientation briefing;
- 45 minute (approx.) aerobatic instructional flight.
Experience Cost & Availability:
- This experience is valued at only $499.00 and is available 7 days a week (except some public holidays).
- In-flight HD video of the flight is available for separate purchase on the day of the flight.
- Participant weight limitation of 90 kg applies to this flight.